9TH SUMMER ACADEMY
AT THE INTERNATIONAL TRIBUNAL FOR THE LAW OF THE SEA
Theme: Promoting Ocean Governance adnd Peaceful Settlement of Disputes
Due date for applications: 30 April 2015
Duration: 26 July to 21 August 2015
Information on the program including the current schedule, admissions requirements and Scholarship details can be found at http://www.iflos.org/en/summer-academy/overview.aspx.
For further information please refer to ‘Summer Academy in a Nutshell’ at http://www.iflos.org/en/summer-academy/in-a-nutshell.aspx.
Legislative Drafters for Australian Aid Work in Asia - Pacifc Region
Due: 16 March 2015
Project period: 2015 to December 2016
The Australian Attorney-General’s Department is seeking expressions of interest from legislative drafters to undertake aid-funded drafting work in the Asia-Pacific region.
Services required from the drafters are likely to include:
- Drafting legislation for the Asia-Pacific region
- Consulting with AGD officers and law and justice officers in partner countries on instructions
- Second counselling the work of AGD drafters
- Drafting model laws for Pacific island countries
- Capacity building work with Asia-Pacific drafters to improve their ability to effectively develop and enact legislation.
Interested parties please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details.
Office of Director of Public Prosecutions (ODPP)
NAURU – Public Prosecutor
Due: 20 March 2015
The ODPP under the supervision of the Secretary for Justice and Border Control is looking to employ a suitable candidate for the role of public prosecutor.
Under the supervision of the Director, the objective of this role is:-
- Assist the Director in providing sound legal advice on any assigned work
- Assess the evidence provided by police and where possible draft memorandums and opinions on obtaining of evidence needed in briefs.
- Where possible provide updates to the Director and to the Secretary of Justice and Border Control on cases of interest.
- Assist the director in capacity building with training for relevant stakeholders including police and inter department agencies.
All applications should be addressed as follows: “Public Prosecutor Vacancy”, Attention: Lionel Aingimea’, Secretary for Justice and Border Control Republic of Nauru, email: email@example.com
33rd Annual Meeting (2014) Tarawa, Kiribati
Pacific Islands Law Officers' Network
PILON is a network of senior public law officers from Pacific Island countries,
including Australia and New Zealand, which focuses on common legal issues
within the Pacific region. PILON was established in 1982 and holds meetings annually.
Pacific Islands Law Officers’ Meeting (PILOM), reflecting members’ desire for
emphasis to be placed on the information-sharing role of the organisation.
responsible for progressing the PILON Work Plan and assisting with
organisation of the annual meeting. The Secretariat has been based in Apia,
Samoa since early 2011.
Public Legal Defender’s Office
NAURU – Legal Officer
Due: 20 March 2015
The Public Legal Defender’s Office which is under the supervision of the Secretary for Justice and Border Control is looking to employ a Legal Officer. Under the supervision of the Director for Legal Aid and Public Defender, the objective of this role is to:
- Assist the Director in providing sound legal advice on any assigned work.
- Assess the eligibility of defendants charged with breaches of the criminal law before the District and Supreme Courts of Nauru.
- Represent and act on behalf of defendants who qualify for assistance from initial charges to trial.
- Assist the Director in the provision of guidance and training to Pleaders and Paralegals under the Office and for purposes of the Department in general.
- Assist the Director in building local capacity amongst legal staff
All applications should be addressed to: “Public Legal Defender’s Vacancy”; Attention: Lionel Aingimea, Secretary for Justice and Border Control; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively please email your resume and covering letter to the Secretary for Corporate Services to Peta.Gedabu@nauru.gov.nr or the Secretary for Justice and Border Control, Mr Lionel Aingimea to Lionel.Aingimea@naurugov.nr.